Haryana Police Constable Syllabus 2017 HSSC Police Constable Syllabus 2017 Haryana Police Constable Exam Syllabus 2016-17 Haryana SSC Police Syllabus & Pattern of Written/ Physical Test
HSSC Haryana Police Constable Syllabus 2017
Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) is going to conduct examination for the recruitment of Constable (Male & Female) in Haryana Police. In the selection process candidates have to appear in five various phases. Here we are describing full Haryana Police Selection Process step by step.
- Physical Screening Test (PST)
- Knowledge Test (Written)
- Scrutiny of Documents (Documentation)
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Interview-cum-Personality Test (I-PT)
Physical Screening Test (PST)
All candidates shall be put to a Physical Screening Test carrying maximum fifteen marks to judge their physical fitness and endurance. The standards prescribed for this test shall be as under:-
|Candidates||Test distance||Qualifying Time|
|Male||5.0 Kilometer||25 minutes|
|Female||2.5 Kilometer||15 minutes|
|Ex.-serviceman||2.5 Kilometer||13 minutes|
The candidates who qualify the standards prescribed for PST shall take part in the further process of selection. Such candidates on the basis of their performance in PST i.e. time taken by them to complete the prescribed test distance shall be awarded marks as per the scale prescribed hereunder
Knowledge Test (Written Exam)
Exam Pattern :- Haryana Police Constable & SI Exam Pattern is as follows :
- The written test will be multiple choice objective type.
- There shall be one composite paper carrying 100 questions.
- Each question shall carry 0.60 marks. So paper will be of total 60 marks.
- The medium of examination shall be Hindi except knowledge of English language.
- For each incorrect answer 0.15 marks shall be deducted.
Haryana Police Constable/SI Syllabus will be as follows :
The test paper shall include questions on General studies, Agriculture, Animal husbandry, Reasoning, Current affairs, Numerical ability, General science, Aptitude, relevant field / trade etc.
The standard of questions shall be as expected of an educated person having passed 10+2 examination of Board of School Education, Haryana for the post of Constable and Graduation from a recognized university for the post of Sub- Inspector.
- General Studies : In this objective of questions about general knowledge of surrounding society of the candidates to test the awareness about surrounding activities. History of India (Haryana mostly) & its Adjacent Countries, Culture, Geography, Economical Scenario and Constitution of India & State Administration, Political series of Country, Five-Year Plan, Contribution of Haryana in National Movement.
- Agriculture : Knowledge of History/ Facts of Agriculture, Fruits & Vegetable, Crop Production, Soil, Fertility, Fertilizing, Irrigation and Damage, Weed/Pests Control, Types of Crops, Soil & Land, Horticulture, Plantation and Deforestation etc.
- Animal Husbandry : Animal Nutrition and nutritional importance, Animal breeds, importance of animal, Livestock farming, Dairy, diseases and symptoms in animal etc.
- Reasoning : It will include the question of both verbal and non-verbal type. Question will be asked from analogies, similarities and differences, problem solving, relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions, Venn diagrams, relationship concepts and Ability to observe and distinguish patterns etc.
- Current Affairs : Questions will be asked from Indian Current Events, General Science, General Knowledge. Focus will be mainly on Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture.
- Numerical Ability : The test of Arithmetical and Numerical abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Tables & Graphs, etc.
- General Science : These tests are designed to test the knowledge and competencies for scientific methodology concepts, principles, techniques and physics, chemistry, life sciences (Biology), the earth/space sciences, technologies etc.
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
The candidates who possess any extra height over and above the minimum prescribed standard for recruitment shall be awarded additional marks, called ‘Advantage score’ as per scale prescribed hereunder :
|Height in cms
|Height in cms
|172 General Category||160 General Category||10|
|169 to 172 For eligible reserve categories as per latest existing Government Reservation Policy||157 to 160 For eligible reserve categories as per latest existing Government Reservation Policy|
|187 and above||173 and above||15|
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Screening Test shall be called for Interview–cum-Personality Test on the basis of their combined scores in (Physical Screening Test + Knowledge Test + Physical Measurement Test), upto maximum three times the number of vacancies advertised in each category.
- The Interview test shall be of total ten marks. Further distribution of ten marks for the Interview test shall be as follows:
- Education (maximum 02 marks): Candidate with higher education i.e with Graduate degree shall get one mark; while, candidate with Post Graduate degree shall get total 02 marks.
- NCC Certificate (maximum 03 marks): Candidate having highest NCC certificate of A, B or C, level shall get 01, 02 and 03 marks respectively.
- Interview cum Personality Test (I-PT) test (maximum 05 marks).