Department of Food and Supply Recruitment 2013:For Inspector Vacancies
Department of Food and Supply Recruitment 2013:For Inspector Vacancies:- Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs invites applications for citizens of India for filling up the Inspector such other candidates declared eligibility by the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Government of India to fill up the following various posts.
Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Recruitment Details:
Organization Name: Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs
Job Position : Inspector
Pay Scale: Rs.10300-34800/-
Eligibility: Graduate, 10th Pass
Job Location : Punjab
Last Date : 09-11-2013
Hiring Process : Written-test
Name of the Post: Inspector
No. of Vacancies:461-post
- Educational Qualifications :
- The Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized University or an Institution or its equivalent and
- The candidate should have passed Punjabi Language subject upto Matric standard. However in case of Ex-servicemen, riot victims/ terrorist victims or their dependents, the person, if selected, will have to pass Punjabi examination of Matriculation standard within six months from the date of joining the service, if not having the requisite qualification already.
- Age as on 30.09.2013(Category Wise)
- General : 18 to 38 years
- SC/BC : 18 to 43 years
- Widows, Divorcees and certain other categories of women : 18 to 42 years
- Applicants who are already in Government Service : 18 to 45 years
- Physically Handicapped : 18 to 48 years
- f) The upper age limit of an Ex-serviceman of Punjab Domicile shall be calculated by deducting the period of his service in the Armed Forces from his actual age. If the resultant age still exceeds the upper age limit of 38 years, then a maximum of three years age relaxation will be given. It is reiterated that this relaxation clause is only applicable to Ex-Servicemen of Punjab Domicile.
- Candidates already in Government service shall be considered for selection only on production “No Objection Certificate” from the department concerned at the time of counselling.
A candidate shall be a:
- Citizen of India; or
- Citizen of Nepal; or
- Subject of Bhutan; or
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar) Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India;
Pay Scale/Salary(in Rs.): Selected candidates would be eligible to get the pay scale of around Rs.10300-34800/-plus Grad Pay Rs.4200/-.
Selection Process: Selection will be made on the basis of interview after Written -Test.
Date of Examination: 15/12/2013
Time of Examination: 10:30 a.m. to 01:00 p.m. (in case of change in date, notice will be given in newspapers).
- SC / BC: Rs. 200/-
- All other including General: Rs. 800/-
How to Apply: Interested Candodates may Apply Online through the Website: http://fcs.applyforexam.com/registration.php?ip=220.127.116.11
Online Application Form Available from : 08.10.2013.
Last date for payment of Fee in the Bank : 06.11.2013.
Last date for Completion of Application : 09.11.2013.
For more details regarding age limit, qualification, selection process, pay scale, how to apply are available in the following link…
About the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs:
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab was set up in 1942 at Lahore to take care of food scarcities during the second world war. State trading in food grains was introduced in the year 1956 and the main office of the department was shifted to Chandigarh.
Among the major functions of the department are:
v Procurement, storage and transportation of food grains.
v Distribution of essential commodities to the economically weaker sections through the public distribution system
v .Management and control of essential commodities in times of scarcity and natural disasters.
v Protection of consumer rights in conjunction with the consumer courts.
v Ensuring correct weights and measures of consumer goods.
The Department makes arrangements to procure wheat and paddy at the minimum support prices fixed by the government of India for the central and state pool. The purchased stocks are stored and their health maintained till they are transported to their final destinations.
In times of shortage of essential commodities the Department steps in to control and stabilize the prices through various steps and also maintains the supply line.
The Department plays a nodal role in cooperating and regulating the procurement and rice milling functions and of various procurement agencies of the state i.e. Markfed, Punsup, Punjab State Warehousing Corporation, Punjab Agro Food Corporation and Food Corporation of India.